Wednesday 19 September 2012

Vendakka puli -Lady's finger in tamarind gravy.. My mom's magical recipe

This is a yummiest of all Lady's finger dishes.. I generally crave for this dish when my mom makes it.. Her hand always has got a magical touch to make the dish even more tastier .. She just add the masalas in a tak- tak -tak speed and the dish will be ready in few seconds..

I mostly try this dish at my home whenever I crave for my mom's cooking

Here is the recipe. you can try this dish by adding dried fish or prawns also to this. It adds on to the taste.

Lady's finger - 1/4 kg
Grated coconut -1 cup
Turmeric powder -1 tspn
Red chilly powder - 1 & 1/2 tspn
Coriander powder - 3 tspn
Tamarind juice - 1cup made out of a lemon sized Tamarind
Small onion -2 nos
Garlic-2 -3 cloves
Jeeral - 1/4 tspn or a pinch
Coconut mil - 1/2 cup (optional)

Grind the grated coconut with 2 small onions. 2-3 garlic cloves , jeera, turmeric powder, red chilly powder,coriander powder and few curry leaves to add on the taste.

In a kadai heat some oil and saute the lady's finger cut into long bits , till the slime is dried out. Add tamarind juice to this and add some salt. Let it bring to boil and add the grinded mix of coconut.Allow it to boil. serve hot with Kerala rice. (Goes well with white steamed rice too)

No comments:

Post a Comment