Tuesday 18 September 2012

Fish Fry Masala

I tasted this yummy Dish from a Restaurant with Prawns as the main ingredient. The taste was lingering on to my tongue ever since then and really wanted to try out in my kitchen.. And Hurrah I have succeeded in making it with the same taste and colour. At certain times I would love to appreciate self ;) ;) ;)

Here it goes the picture first and then the recipe following. I want all nonveg lovers to make this at home and send me the feed back.. am sure this dish wont disappoint you :)
I have tried this recipe using mackerel fish. But if you get bigger and thick fleshed fish you can try this out and the taste will be awesome.

Recipe:
---------
For marinating the fish ( quantity as per the quantity of Fish)

Red chilli powder - 1 tspn
Turmeric powder -1/2 tspn
Salt -as required
Tamarind paste (ready made one) - 1/2 tspn

Marinate the fish for 1-2 hrs and deep fry in oil
For Masala
-----------
Small onions -6 nos
Garlic- 10-15  if small
curry leaves-3 leaves
Dry chillies - 10 nos
Imli paste -1 & 1/2 tspn
Tomato paste - 2 tbspn
Salt and oil as required

In a pan heat some oil and roast chopped onions, garlic, and dry chillies. Grind this with rest of the ingredients and salt to a paste. In the remaining oil in pan add few more curry leaves and once it is crisp add the masala paste. Saute till its dry and raw smell is gone. Pour this on the fried and crispy fish pieces. Serve hot with Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment