Saturday 23 February 2013

Mango Pickle - Instant one

This is a recipe handed over to me from my mom. She is an expert cook in all what she make. I still crave for her version of pickles.
I love making this mango pickle during mango season. Its very instant to make and tasty too. More over there is no waiting time for the pickle to set. and I just love it.

Ingredients are

Raw mango -2 nos
Mustard -2 big teaspoons
Red chilli powder -1& 1/2 tspn to 2 tspn (depending on the size of the mango)
Oil and salt as per requirement.
Curry leaves - few


courtesy - google images for raw mango picture
Cut the mangoes and chop it into tiny bits. Mix it with red chilli and salt for few minutes. Heat oil in a small kadai. Crack the mustard seeds. Add 1 tspn red chilli powder and switch off the burner. Remove the kadai from stove and add curry leaves and saute. Add the chopped and marinated mangoes to it and mix very well. Can use instantly once cooled.


No comments:

Post a Comment